Browse the documents below relating to Australia’s whaling case against Japan before the ICJ, and the Full Federal Court’s decision in the ‘Japanese whaling case’, Humane Society International Inc v Kyodo Senpaku Kaisha Ltd  FCAFC 116. The ICJ case is also discussed in chapters 8 and 9 of the ebook ‘Animal Law: Principles and Frontiers” published at this website.
|Minke whale||Humpback whale|
- ‘Controversy surrounds killer whale program’ reported by Jane Cowan, Lateline, 26 April 2013.
- Whaling in the Antarctic (Australia v. Japan: New Zealand intervening), International Court of Justice Press Release, 11 April 2013.
- ‘Australia to have its day in court over Japanese whaling’, The Guyra Argus online, 12 April 2013.
- ‘Japan says whale tally sabotaged’, The Australian, 6 April 2013.
- ‘US Supreme Court rejects Sea Shepherd bid’, The Australian, 15 February 2013.
- ‘Whale taken onto factory ship after five-hour standoff’ by Andrew Darby, SMH.com.au, 16 February 2013.
- Japanese whaling fleet leaves port, ABC News Online, 28 December 2012.
- Japanese Whalers return to Port, Article in The Australian, 10 March 2012.
- US court setback for Japanese whalers, Article in The Age, 21 February 2012.
- Japan confirms whale hunt as activists prepare to die, Article in The Age regarding Japan’s plan to hunt this year despite threats from activists to disrupt the hunt, 4 October 2011.
- Australia can lawfully stop whaling within its Antarctic EEZ, Dr Chris McGrath, 21 February 2008.
- Japanese Whaling Case, Environmental Law Publishing.
- Injunction granted in Japanese Whaling Case, Dr Chris McGrath.