Browse the documents below relating to animals used in research.
- National Consultation on Cosmetics and Animal Testing, Report on the Public Consultation Process, Australian Labor Cosmetics & Animal Testing Policy Consultation, 17 September 2014.
- Consumers misled by false “cruelty free” claims, Australian Competition & Consumer Law News, Issue 651, p 2, 20 May 2013.
- Answers to Estimates Questions on Notice re Animal Testing and Cosmetics, Senate Community Affairs Committee – Health and Ageing Portfolio, 13 and 15 February 2013.
- Testing on animals and the moral imperative, An Editorial in the Age which discusses the ethical questions that surround the practice of animal testing, 25 November 2012.
- Scientists kill half a million animals, Article in the Age, 2 December 2012.
- The monkey farm: primates being bred for experiments, Article in the Age, 25 November 2012.
- Statistics: Animal use in research & teaching, Australia, A compilation of the numbers and types of animals used for experimentation across Australia, based on most recent available numbers., 2009/10.
- Statistics of Animal Use in Research and Teaching, A report compiled by the Bureau of Animal Welfare on the use of animals for research and teaching in Victoria, Report Number 28.
- European Parliament newsletter, European ban on use of most great apes in experiments, 8 September 2010.
- Aust. Code of Practice for the Care and Use of Animals for Scientific Purposes.
- NHMRC Policy on the care and use of non-human primates for scientific purposes.